CARE AND MAINTENANCE for ACRYLIC SINKS
Your Karran Acrylic sink is made from a unique, 100% pure acrylic resin that has been researched and produced to meet the specific demands of the kitchen. This material is more resistant to surface damage than other materials but like most things, better care will make for a longer life.
Acrylic Daily Cleaning
● For your Karran acrylic sink is a 3M Scotch-Brite® pad and Comet®, Ajax®, or any other powder detergent.
● The special satin finish of this sink will improve with the use of powder detergents, but all liquid detergents will also prove satisfactory. Please be careful with drain cleaners.
● Make sure that the cleaning agent goes down the waste outlet and that it does not sit in the basin. Some drain cleaners react relatively violently as one would expect by the very nature of the requirement of the product and instructions for handling are always given precisely on the product.
Acrylic Daily Care
● This material is resistant to heat and is unlikely to mark below temperatures of 360°F. This means, in practical terms, that pots in which water and vegetables for example are boiled could be left on your sink for a limited (short) period of time without causing damage. However extended exposure to a hot pot will cause damage.
● Our recommendation is to always let hot items cool before placing them in your sink. Alternatively, run some cool water when placing a hot pot into the sink. By doing this there is no chance of marking your sink as the hot item is instantly cooled.
● Additionally, when draining pots of boiling water into your sink, we recommend running cold water into the bowl at the same time.
● Scratches and small chips from sharp utensils can occur but can easily be removed by sanding with a 3M Scotch-Brite® pad for fine scratches, and sandpaper for deeper scratches and small chips. Use coarse sandpaper (100 or 150 grit) to start, finishing off with fine-grit sandpaper and a 3M Scotch-Brite® pad.